New Business Development Responsibilities
- Have a proven track record of selling digital and traditional marketing services in an agency to leading B2B technology and manufacturing companies throughout Ohio, Chicago, and the Midwest.
- Effective prospecting of potential clients through various lead sources (cold calling, social media, email, mailings, etc.).
- Responsibilities will include coordinating recruitment for open positions as well as targeted pipeline positions.
- Build and nurture a strong pipeline of talent.
- Coordinate internal resources for the preparation and delivery of new business presentations and materials.
- Develop an extensive understanding of client needs and requirements in order to develop and prepare for client proposals and presentations.
- Create and deliver compelling, customized sales proposals that address the core business issues and opportunities faced by the prospect.
- Target clients that will be foundation accounts ($120K+ annually).
- Cultivate business relationships through networking, industry events, and outbound marketing.
Business Development Planning
- Attend technology and manufacturing industry functions, such as events and conferences to generate leads. Some travel will be required.
- Present to and consult with senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Utilize phone, email and social media tools like LinkedIn and Twitter to connect with new marketing executives daily.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with Finance and Admin to ensure that prerequisites (like pre-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company's people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose and work to enhance the company's culture and performance.
Business Development Specialist requires a bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of sales or marketing experience. An MBA is beneficial, but not required.
Networking, Constant Learner, Persuasion, Public Speaking, Ability to Work in a Fast-Paced Environment, Research, Writing, Sales Planning, Prospecting, Qualifying Nurturing, Passionate about New Business Development and Sales, Prospecting Skills, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Positive, Solution-Driven, Dependable, Team Player, Professionalism, Persistence, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
This position description is intended to be dynamic and subject to change. Position requirements and essential functions may be altered from time to time based upon the needs of the organization and department. This position may be required to execute special projects or other related duties on occasion.